About Lagna Samarambha(Marriage) :
In Hindu Philosophy Vivah (Marriage) is one of the 16 Sanskara (teachings) on an Individual. It is performed in order to repay the debt of God & Fore fathers.
Marriage brings two families together. It is a serious commitment of a man & a woman towards each others towards the well being of their own selves and family. Husband & wife form the wheels of the Chariot of their life, which need to move in the same direction & at the same speed.
Saptapadi - 7 Commitments of Marriage.
- Always remember the divine.
- Always treat each other with sympathy, love and compassion.
- Help each other in all good deeds.
- Keep in mind pure and virtuous. Be strong and righteous.
- Show goodwill and affection to parents, brothers, sisters and other family members.
- Bring up the children in such a manner that they are strong in mind and body.
- Always welcome and respect guests.
Lagna Samarambha(Marriage) Vidhi :
Seemant Poojan – Arrival of Baraat & Welcome to Bridegroom
Tail Haridra Ropan – Haldi
Varagaman – Arrival of bridegroom to bride’s home
Madhupark - (Adorning of the Bride by New Family)
Kanyadan (Suvarnabhishek, Sutraveshtan, Kankan bhandhan, Akshata ropan, Tilak & Pushpupamala Arpan, Mangalsutra Bandhan, Vastra Granthi Bandhan)
Vivah Homa Lajahoma - 64 Ahuties for 64 different purposes in life
Mangal Phere - four rounds for Dharma, Arth, Kaam and Moksha
Saptapadi - (exchanging 7 vows)
Vivah Chaturtha din kritya - Airini dan, Sade (Tambul) etc…
Grihapravesh with bride (Lakshmi Poojan)
Devakotthapan & Mandapodwasan (Devak Uthavinyacha Vidhi)
Lagna Samarambha(Marriage) Samagri :